50g (2oz) economy butter, at room temperature
50g (2oz) hard margarine
50g (2oz) caster sugar
175g (7oz) Loprofin Low Protein Mix
2-3 x 5mlsp (2-3tsp) cold water
Oven temperature: 1500C/3000F/Gas Mark 2
1. Place the butter and margarine in a mixing bowl and beat well,
add the sugar and beat together until light in colour and texture.
2. Stir in the Loprofin Mix.
3. Using one hand, stir and squeeze the mixture until it comes
together, adding sufficient water to give a manageable dough.
Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix and knead
the dough for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
4. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 cm ( 1/4 inch) thickness, on a surface
lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix.
5. Cut into desired shapes, i.e. circles, ovals, animal shapes or others.
6. Transfer the biscuits to lightly greased baking trays and bake
in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until pale golden in colour
7. Remove from the baking trays whilst still warm, cool on a wire
Makes approximately 18 biscuits.
Optional Flavourings to be added at stage 2:
1. Grated rind of 1/2 lemon.
2. Grated rind 1/2 small orange.
3. 1 x 5mlsp (1tsp) sweet spice ie. ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice etc.
4. 50g (2oz) currants or other dried fruit, (chop larger fruit ie. dried
5. Few drops vanilla or almond essence.
6. Add 50g (2oz) finely chopped cherries.
7. Replace the water with either lemon or orange juice, at stage 3.