100g (4oz) mixed dried fruit
Approx 300ml (12floz) hot tea, strained
1/2 pkt /250g Loprofin Mix
1/2 sachet (1tsp) dried yeast
(enclosed with Mix)
25g (1oz) light muscovado sugar
1.25mlsp (1/4 tsp) mixed spice
1.25mlsp (1/4 tsp) salt
25g (1oz) economy butter, melted
Oven temperature: 210ºF/425ºC/Gas Mark 6
1kg (2lb) loaf tin, greased.
1. Place the fruit in a small bowl, add 150ml (6floz) hot tea, allow to soak
for 1 hour.
2. Combine the Loprofin Mix, yeast, sugar, spice and salt in a large bowl.
3. Strain the liquid from the ‘fruit soaked tea’ into a measuring jug and
make up to 200ml (8floz) with the remaining hot tea. Reserve the fruit.
4. Add the tea and melted butter to the dry ingredients, beat for 1 minute
using an electric mixer (3 - 4 minutes with a wooden spoon) until a
smooth glossy batter.
5. Beat in the fruit and transfer to the prepared tin, level the surface and
lightly brush with oil. Cover the tin loosely with cling film.
6. Put the bread in a warm place to rise, until the dough reaches the top of
the tin. Remove the cling film.
7. Bake the loaf in a preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, until
well risen and firm to touch.
8. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Serve sliced and spread with butter.
Cuts into at least 16 slices.