350g Granny Smith’s Apples
Juice of 1 Lime
120ml Apple Juice
50g Caster Sugar
1. Remove the core (pips) from the apples then thinly slice them.
2. Spread the apple slices onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper and freeze over night.
3. Pour the apple juice into a small pan and make syrup from the juice, sugar and lime.
4. Pour the syrup into a small bowl and chill in the fridge.
5. Place the apples and syrup into a food processor and run the processor until a smooth iced puree is obtained.
6. Spoon from the processor directly into chilled glasses and serve.
To see a video of this recipe being made, click here
1. You may prefer to use pears instead of apples.
2. Why not make a Low Protein Brandy Snap (Escoffier Paste) bowl (as seen in the picture) to go with the sorbet.